The Dell Group, Inc., aka Creative Solutions, Mentor, OH
Formed a full-service consulting, training, and publishing firm specializing in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental compliance issues, OSHA, EPA, EMS audits and consulting.
Environmental Response Systems, Inc., Mentor, OH
Director of Faculty/President
Retained by owner to manage all aspects of this EPA and State Certified training institute specializing in hazardous materials. Purchased the firm in 1993.
Howsafe! Corporation, Solon, OH
Safety Consultant and Trainer
Safety and compliance consulting firm providing services to Manufacturers, Warehouse/distributors and Institutions. Developed and serviced new markets. Personally reviewed 3500 Material Safety Data Sheets for a major electric power utility, to determine accuracy of chemical hazard information and regulatory sufficiency.
General Information Services, Columbia, SC
Business Operations Manager
In-house corporate consultant in areas of recruiting, training, technical data, management development, product design and integration of newly acquired companies.
Armfelt and Associates, Inc., Chesterland, OH
Provider of loss control engineering services, risk management assessments, facility audits, and property valuations for property and casualty insurance carriers. As Vice President, was in charge of recruiting, field personnel, management, product development, and training department, continuing education of staff, and marketing of services. Company sold to General Information Services, see above.
S & S, Inc.
Equipment Sales Specialist
Sales of automated packaging systems and equipment.
Machine Products Specialist
Sales and service of banking and related financial equipment.
Machine Products Specialist
Chemical/Electronic Lab Technician
R&D Lab Technician - metal oxide resistors.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Authorized OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer - OSHA Training Institute, Des Plaines, IL - 1999 - Authorized to conduct 10 and 30 hour training courses.
Certified Environmental Trainer (CET) - National Environmental Training Association, Scottsdale, AZ - 1995 - Specialty Areas: Occupational Safety and Health; Management and Transportation of Hazardous Materials.
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) - Institute of Hazardous Material Management, Rockville, Maryland - 1993
OSHA 501 Trainer Course for General Industry, OSHA Training Institute
Licensed Ohio Lead Risk Assessor - Ohio Department of Health - 1995 to present
Permit-Required Confined-Space Entry and Rescue - University of Findlay, Ohio - 1993 - Refreshers 1994 to present
DOT Hazardous Material Transportation Regulations - University of Findlay, Ohio - 1993 - Refreshers 1995, 1997, 1999
Lead Hazard Abatement for Contractors - Completion of EPA model Curriculum and Certification based on test score of 94%. University of Cincinnati, Ohio - 1992 - Refreshers 1993 to present
Lead Inspector and Risk Assessor - University of Maryland at Baltimore - 1994 - Refreshers 1996 to present
OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
Completion of certification requirements - University of Findlay, Ohio - 1991 -Refreshers 1992 to present
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor (ANSI/RAB/IEMA), The University of Findlay
ISO 14001 Documentation and Implementation, The University of Findlay
Asbestos Hazard Abatement Specialist - Completion of Ohio Board of Health and Federal EPA certified four-day course for supervisors and contractors. Environmental Response Systems, Cleveland, Ohio - 1991 - Refreshers 1992 to present
Associate in Loss Control Management, with Academic Excellence Award, Insurance Institute of America, Malvern, PA - 1989
Relevant Insurance Institute Coursework, Courses completed for I.I.A. Loss Control Management Degree:
A.L.C.M. 74 - Principles of Accident Prevention
A.L.C.M. 75 - Property Protection
A.L.C.M. 76 - Industrial and Environmental Hygiene
C.P.C.U. 1 - Principles of Risk Management
C.P.C.U. 3 - Commercial Property Risk Management
C.P.C.U. 4 - Commercial Liability Risk Management
C.P.C.U. 7 - Principles of Management
C.P.C.U. 8 - Accounting & Finance
Associate in Premium Auditing, with Academic Excellence Award, 1985, Insurance Institute of America, Malvern, PA
Graduated from High School as a Junior.
- 1999 Designed Lead Project Designer course which became the first such approved course for licensing by Ohio Department of Health.
-1998 ANSI/RAB & IEMA Approved Trainer for ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Classes.
- By 1998 had delivered over 15,000 hours of safety, health and environmental training to over 1,200 client employees, ranging from high school drop-outs to architects and PhD. Chemists.
- Founded two businesses in two years, in partnership with wife, Nancy - 1987 The Petal Pusher Florist Shoppe and 1989 Creative Solutions.
- Ohio Department of Health approved trainer for Lead Abatement (all disciplines) and Asbestos Abatement (Worker and Contractor/Supervisor)
- Named as Director of Faculty and Curriculum Environmental Response Systems, Cleveland, OH - March 1992 - Purchased company September 1993
- Named to University of Cincinnati and University of Findlay faculties for Lead Abatement Courses and ISO 14001 Courses
- Named to Quality Systems Development faculty for ISO 14001
- Recipient of Insurance Institute of America's Academic Excellence Award for one of the four highest scores in the nation for the Premium Auditing Degree Program - 1985
- Received second Academic Excellence Award from Insurance Institute of America for having one of the four highest scores in the nation for the Loss Control Management Degree program - 1989
- Published author in the occupational safety field:
Lab Safety and Hygiene Program (Technical manual): Published by Government Institutes, Rockville, MD, in 1994
Acquisitions magazine (Ohio Commercial and Industrial Real Estate): Environmental Regulations give new meaning to "Caveat Emptor"
Society of American Florists Magazine (National Trade Association for Retail and Wholesale Florists and Growers): Easing Compliance
- Held educational seminars on risk management and loss prevention techniques to the insurance industry in eight (8) states.
- Received Certified Insurance Premium Auditor (C.I.P.A.) professional designation through the National Society of Insurance Premium Auditors, one of only two in the state of Ohio - 1985
- Armfelt & Associates, Inc. - elected Corporate Vice President after three (3) years on field staff. The company grew 675% during this period of tenure as Vice President.
Air and Waste Management Association
National Environmental Training Association
American Chemical Society - Chemical Hygiene and Safety Division
American Society of Safety Engineers - Consultant Division
Environmental Information Association
Academy of Certified Hazardous Material Managers
Building Environmental Council of Ohio