10 Hour OSHA General Industry Voluntary Compliance with OSHA Compliance Cards Syllabus
The OSHA General Industry Safety and Health 10-Hour Outreach Training Program is intended for all entry level employees and employees that have responsibility for health and safety compliance. The course is customized for your company and incorporates OSHA's approved curriculum of the 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Safety and Health Standards. All attendees will receive 10-Hour General Industry Safety and Health Course Completion Cards from OSHA after successful completion of the programs. All course topics have a mandatory one-hour contact time, per topic, per OSHA. This excludes all break and lunch times. There are mandatory topics that must be presented in addition to other elective topics totaling ten hours of classroom contact time.
The classroom instruction will be combined with competency- and performance-based workshops that enable participants to demonstrate proficiency with the acquired skills.
The following outlines represent the OSHA approved curriculum:
Required One Hour Course Topics
- Introduction to OSHA, OSH Act/General Duty Clause 5(a)(1), Inspections, Citations, and Penalties (CFR Part 1903)
- Subpart D: Walking and Working Surfaces
- Subparts E and L: Means of Egress and Fire Protection
- Subpart H: Hazardous Materials
- Subpart O: Machine Guarding
- Subpart S: Electrical
- Subpart Z: Hazard Communication
Elective One Hour Topics
(Choose three or more of the following topics)
- Subpart H: Hazardous Waste Operations, Emergency Response and Process Safety Management
- Subpart I: Personal Protective Equipment
- Subpart J: General Environmental Controls
- Subpart J: Lockout/Tagout
- Subpart J: Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Subpart N: Materials Handling
- Subpart Q: Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Subpart Z: Bloodborne Pathogens
- 29 CFR 1904, Recordkeeping, OSHA Forms #300 and 301
* Any OSHA Standard that applies to General Industry may be a topic.